Main meals | Low Calorie
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
This rich and flavoursome Cajun Gumbo by @cravingsandcauliflowers can be made with chicken, shellfish or your choice of plant protein. Whip it up in under an hour and watch it disappear in a flash!
Ingredients for the rice:
- 2 Fullgreen Original Riced Cauliflower pouches
- 8 Organic chicken thigh fillets
- 12 jumbo king prawns
- 12 oz fresh okra (sliced into 1/2 inch rounds)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 brown onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 cup celery
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken thighs until browned.
- Use tongs to remove the thighs from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, saute the Okra until softened and browned slightly, then remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the onions, celery and bell peppers into the same pan and saute until soft.
- Make a well in the centre of the pan and add the minced garlic. Let it cook for around 30 seconds then add all of your remaining ingredients - chicken broth, tomatoes, cajun seasoning and the semi cooked okra.
- Cook on a high heat until bubbling, then turn the heat down and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Add in the jumbo king prawns around 5 minutes towards the end of cooking. Then add in the Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower for the final 2 minutes of cooking.
- Plate up and serve with some fresh parsley and chopped spring onion.
Share this recipe
Cajun Jambalaya Made with Cauliflower
This colourful and deliciously fiery jambalaya is made with Riced Cauliflower to keep the carbs low and the veg intake high.
Veg Servings 3
Cauliflower Gnocchi Made with Cauliflower
A delicious mid-week riced cauliflower gnocchi, this recipe by @eatgoodfeelgoood_ is bursting with flavor and features two portions of veg per serving. A great lower carb take on the Italian classic!
Veg Servings 2