Festive Sweet Potato Cake Pops
family food | baking
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
A must-try for the festive season, these cake pops by @vegankats contain sweet potato for a little hit of veg (trust us, the kids will never know!). Bake them, shape them, dip them in choc and decorate!
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 220g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 85g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml almond milk
- 85ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 200g dairy free chocolate
- 8 pretzels
- White icing
- Bamboo sticks
- Red jelly beans
- Black icing stick
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients (Sweet potato, milk and water)
- Gradually pour wet ingredients into dry and combine until it resembles a cake mix.
- Pour into a lined baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool
- While you're waiting, start to create your decorations. Use a tiny cutter (or a pen lid) to create your eye shapes from the white icing. Place to one side
- Once cake is cooled, use your hands to create ball shapes from the mix (Should make about 12, depending on how big you make them) and place each ball onto a skewer
- Melt some chocolate on the stove or in the microwave. Then dip each cake pop into the chocolate and coat fully
- Before the chocolate dries, add on your decorations. Break a pretzel in half for the ears and a jelly bean for the nose. Use your cut out eye shapes from earlier and use the black icing pen to fill them in.
- Leave the cake pops to set in the fridge for an hour and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Nut-free Sweet Potato Mincemeat Made with Sweet Potato
This nut-free vegan mincemeat is ready in half an hour and keeps for ages in an airtight container. A great addition to all your festive bakes.
Sweet Potato Gingerbread Made with Sweet Potato
These gingerbread guys n gals by @uptheveg are a great family activity. Bake them and have fun decorating them before you hang them on the tree.