Pipa Tofu Cauliflower fried Rice
Family Food | Main meals | Plant-based
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
The perfect celebratory dish for Chinese New Year! This plant-based take on Chinese Fried Rice is bursting with flavour and contains 3 of your 5 a day.
Ingredients for the rice:
- 1 pouch of Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- Handful of sugar snap peas, sliced into halves
- Handful of sliced red cabbage
- 2 spring onions
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Ingredients for the pipa tofu:
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 200g vegan mince
- 50g shredded carrot
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine (optional)
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 tsp vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Pepper to season
Method - rice:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large wok and fry carrot and garlic on a high heat until the garlic is smelling fragrant.
- Add in your sugar snap peas, followed by the Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in your red cabbage and cook for another minute (or longer if you like your cabbage softer).
- Add in your sauce (see method below) and sprinkle your spring onions over. It's as easy as that!
Method - pipa tofu:
- Blend these ingredients together into a paste: 280g extra firm tofu, 200g vegan mince, 50g shredded carrot, 3 shiitake mushrooms, 1 spring onion, 3 tbsp coriander leaves.
- Season this with: 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper (optional 1/2 tbsp shaoxing wine)
- Roll into your preferred shape with a bit of oil on your hands.
- Steam your tofu mix for 7 minutes, making sure you reserve the liquid from steaming.
- Coat the tofu in a mix of 3tbp rice flour (or plain), 3tbsp cornflour and a pinch of salt.
- Fry the tofu on each side in some oil until they turn a lovely golden colour.
Method - sauce:
- In a saucepan fry 2 minced garlic cloves in 1 tsp oil on a high heat for 10 seconds, then add leftover steaming liquid, 1 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Thin out with some water if required and pour into a serving jug
Share this recipe
Riced Cauliflower Salmon Stir Fry Made with Cauliflower (case of 6)
A veg packed stir fry loaded with delicious Asian flavours!
Veg Servings 4
Pea & Prawn Cauliflower Risotto Made with Cauliflower (case of 6)
This veg-packed dish uses Riced cauliflower instead of traditional rice for a lighter, lower carb risotto that doesn't scrimp on flavour!
Veg Servings 3