Pumpkin Spice Caramel Bars
Vegetarian | treat | family food | snacks | plant based | wholefoods | healthy
|19g||185||30 min||Makes 10||0|
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
Gooey, indulgent and delicious, these plant based caramel bars are made from nutritious wholefoods with nut butter, oats and dates for added energy. Make up a big batch for the week ahead and see if they last until Tuesday!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 heaped tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 50ml coconut milk (canned)
- Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup pitted dates 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch each of ground ginger, cloves & nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Heaped Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Heaped Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Pinch Salt
- For the base, add the oats into a food processor and blitz to form a fine flour.
- Stir through the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to create a rough dough/pancake like mixture.
- Add in the honey and coconut oil, then blend again so that everything sticks together.
- Line a baking dish with grease proof paper and press the oat mixture into the base of the tin to form a smooth base. Pop this into the freezer.
- Combine all of the pumpkin pie filling ingredients in the food processor and blend thoroughly so that you're left with a smooth, velvety caramel.
- Spread this over the base and return the bars to the freezer.
- To make the chocolate topping, gently melt the coconut oil and honey together, then stir through the cacao powder and a pinch of salt.
- Put this over the top of the caramel layer, then allow the bars to set in the freezer for 5hrs+.
- To slice into squares, dip a sharp knife into boiling water before cutting to prevent the chocolate from cracking.
Share this recipe
Sweet Potato Brownies Made with Sweet Potato
Lighter and more nutrient dense than your standard brownies, these delectable, veg-based treats are a winner with all the family
Veg Servings 0
Chocolate Sweet Potato Energy Bites Made with Sweet Potato
These uplifting energy balls are loaded with fibre, protein and good fats
Carbs 9 (per bite)
Veg Servings 0