Sausage & Sweet Potato Stuffing
Meal-planning | Family Food
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
A great veggie side dish for the main table, this hearty, stuffing by @three.bowls.full is a guaranteed hit for the festivities! Serve it hot from the oven as part of your main meal.
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- Olive oil or butter
- 7 oz. (½ package) plant-based savory breakfast sausage
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 cups cubed stuffing bread mix
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a small casserole (6½” x 8”) by greasing with oil or butter.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil (or butter) then add the sausage. Cook the sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces until browned. Move sausage to a plate, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add celery, carrot and onion to the pan and cook until vegetables begin to soften (3-5 minutes), then add sweet potatoes, thyme, sage, garlic and parsley and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add stuffing bread cubes to the pan and gently toss to combine. Move the entire mixture to the prepared casserole dish and press firmly to flatten.
- Drizzle ¾ cup of vegetable broth over stuffing and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then pull the foil and drizzle the remaining ¼ cup of broth in the corners of the dish.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes until the top of the stuffing is crusty and golden.
Share this recipe
Cauliflower Gnocchi Made with Cauliflower
A delicious mid-week riced cauliflower gnocchi, this recipe by @eatgoodfeelgoood_ is bursting with flavor and features two portions of veg per serving. A great lower carb take on the Italian classic!
Veg Servings 2
Festive Cheesecake Made with Sweet Potato
Need a showstopper for a special occasion (minus the overload of refined sugars)? We've got you covered with this delicious Chocolate Caramel Sweet Potato Tart.
Veg Servings 2