Sweet Potato Gingerbread
family food | vegetarian
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
These gingerbread guys n’ gals by @uptheveg are a great family activity. Bake them, ice them and hang them on the tree. Or devour them all in one cosy movie marathon on the couch (hey, it’s Christmas!)
- 1/2 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a bowl and preheat the oven to 160C.
- Gradually heat the butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved and add to your dry ingredients
- Mix together well (adding more flour if necessary) then roll into a thin layer on a flour covered surface
- Use your cutter shape of choice to cut them into figures
- Place on a greaseproof paper lined baking sheet and bake in the oven until brown (around 12-15 minutes)
- Take out, place on a wire rack to cool, then decorate with icing and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Festive Filo Parcels Made with Sweet Potato
Riced sweet potato, spices, chestnuts and filo pastry combine to make this the perfect vegan starter dish.
Veg Servings 1
Sweet Potato with Roasted Tomatoes Made with Sweet Potato
This quick and easy vegetarian meal is packed with three portions of veg. Serve it steaming hot with your choice of toppings and sides.
Veg Servings 3