Sweet Potato Gingerbread Stars
family food | baking
|20g||162||1 hr 15||12|
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
These speedy sweet potato gingerbread stars by @cucook_nest are great for hanging on the tree (or devouring with a hot choc and your favourite folk). Make them in batches and store in an airtight container.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 3 cups (390g) plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 110g vegan block/butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 113g golden syrup/honey
- 1 egg – vegan replacement 1 tbs ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the melted butter, syrup, egg substitute and sweet potato to the dry ingredients and work the mixture into a dough. You can use a mixer if you like.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in some plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. You can split it into smaller balls and take it out of the freezer just before rolling. It will keep a really nice shape.
- Roll the dough till it is ½ cm thick
- Cut the dough into shapes using a star shaped cutter
- Bake for around 8 minutes in a preheated oven, rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Festive Sweet Potato Cake Pops Made with Sweet Potato
Almost too cute to eat (almost!) these reindeer cake pops are so much fun to make and contain sweet potato for a little hit of veg.
Sweet Potato Brownie Bites Made with Sweet Potato
Loaded with veg, these delicious plant-based brownies are the perfect treat for when hunger strikes. Make them in batches using our easy Riced Sweet Potato.