low calorie | meal prep
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
These quick and easy pancakes by @thecornycook are great for busy folk who don’t want to miss out on those all important nutrients. Topped with a delicious caper yoghurt sauce, you can use plant-based alternatives to make this vegan.
- 2 Pouches Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 egg, lightly beaten/vegan egg replacer/flax egg or pureed silken tofu
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 green onions/spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 stems tuscan kale, stems removed and very finely chopped
- Ghee, for cooking
- Black pepper, to taste
Sauce & toppings:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt/Plant based yoghurt
- 2 tsp plant based milk
- 1 tbsp caper juice
- Zest of a lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 150g smoked salmon (leave this if making plant-based)
- Fresh dill, for topping
- Fresh chives, for topping
- For the cauliflower pancakes: Mix all cauliflower pancake ingredients together.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tsp ghee over medium heat. Add about 3 spoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture and press into a circle. Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Once it has cooked on both sides, place on a plate.
- For the sauce: mix together the Greek yogurt, milk, caper juice, lemon zest and chives. Taste to season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Top the cauliflower pancake with smoked salmon slices (if using). Top with a dollop of sauce, chopped chives and fresh dill. Serve and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Mexican cauliflower rice with stuffed peppers Made with Cauliflower with Tomato, garlic and herbs
Zingy, zesty, healthy and filling, these vegan stuffed peppers are a great go-to when you want something comforting and high in nutrition to eat. Enjoy them fresh out of the oven and switch up the toppings to adjust the flavours.
Veg Servings 2