Coconut Tofu Adobo with Garlic Fried Cauli Rice
Main meals | Low carb | Low Calorie
MADE WITH CAULIFLOWER & BROCCOLI
Rich in flavour but low in carbs, this tasty Adobo is cooked in creamy coconut milk and spices to bring all the satisfying flavors to dinner time. Yasmin at @kain.eat makes this with Tofu but you can switch up the protein to make it your own.
- 1 pack of firm tofu, drained, cubed, dusted and fried
- Cornstarch for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower & Broccoli
- Handful of spring onions, chopped
For the coconut adobo sauce:
- 1 medium onion sliced roughly
- 8-10 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsps of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 cup - 1 1/2cups coconut milk
- Dash of dark soy sauce
- Fry garlic then onion on medium heat (being careful not to overbrown). Season with salt and pepper and cook until garlic is light brown.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Stir for 2-3 mins then add coconut milk. Let it simmer until it gets a little thick and sticky. Add a dash of dark soy sauce for colour (optional).
- Add bay leaves and season again with a bit of salt and pepper. Stir for 2 mins.
- Gently stir the fried tofu with the sauce and enjoy with the Fullgreen Fried Rice recipe below!
For the fried rice:
- Fry half of the minced garlic on a medium heat (be careful not to overbrown the garlic). Then add the Riced Caulifower & Broccoli
- Stir for 2-3 mins and add chopped spring onions as toppings.
Share this recipe
Mexican Al Pastor Bowl Made with Cauliflower
Get your 5-a-day in one sitting with this feisty, fiery Mexican Al Pastor Bowl. Packed with some major flavours, it's a great one to fry up for friends or meal prep for a week of tasty lunches.
Veg Servings 5
Nigerian Jollof Cauli Rice Made with Cauliflower
Take a trip to Nigeria with this low carb, low calorie, Jollof cauli rice, packed with four portions of veg!
Veg Servings 4