Mexican Al Pastor Bowl
Plant based main | Main meals
MADE WITH CAULIFLOWER
Take a trip to Mexico with this traditional Al Pastor Cauliflower Rice by @piastromexicankitchen. Positively brimming with flavour, it's a great one to prep for a week of feel good veg ahead! Make the Al Pastor paste yourself or buy a ready made version to speed things up.
For the courgette & corn salad:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 green or red chiles
- 500g courgette cut into cubes
- 200g fresh or frozen sweetcorn
- 150g mixed tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp of dry oregano
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper
Al Pastor Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- ¼ cup of al pastor paste (recipe below)
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 100 g of fresh pineapple, cubed
- ½ small onion, chopped
- Handful of coriander
- Lime to serve
Al Pastor Paste:
- 2 tsp of cider vinegar
- 50 ml of fresh orange juice
- 4 Chiles guajillo
- 1 ancho chile
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
Method (courgette salad):
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan. Add the chopped onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and the chiles if you are using them. After a minute, add the courgette and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and the oregano. Let them cook briefly and mix the chopped tomatoes. Let the tomatoes disintegrate by letting the mix simmer for 15 minutes.
- You can serve the salad warm or cold. Mix in the coriander, just before serving.
Method (Cauliflower Rice):
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onions and sauté them for five minutes; you do not want them to caramelize yet. Add the pineapple to the pan and let it cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add the Fullgreen Cauliflower pouch to the pan, cook it for a minute, before adding the pastor paste. Begin with one tablespoon, incorporate, and add more until the rice has the colour and heat you desire. Add salt if needed.
- Turn the heat off, and put the rice on a bowl, serve with the courgette and corn salad. Garnish it with the coriander and a few drops of lime juice. Enjoy!
Method (Al Pastor Paste):
- Cut your chiles down the middle and take all the seeds out.
- Grill your chiles in a dry pan for one minute. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to burn. Take them out of the pan and soak them in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the chiles and a few drops of the soaking water into a blender or food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a few minutes. You want a smooth paste, so pass it through a sift if needed.
- Add to your recipe and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Tacos with Cauliflower Mince Made with Cauliflower
These vegan tacos with cauliflower mince are perfect for a tasty mid week meal. Skip the meat and go veggie (Take it from us, they're just as good)
Veg Servings 1
Moroccan Riced Cauliflower Salad Made with Cauliflower
Fine dining Fullgreen style! We love how easy this Moroccan Riced Cauliflower Salad is to make. Packed with veggies and 100% vegan, it's as nourishing as it is beautiful.
Veg Servings 2