Pea & Prawn Cauliflower Risotto
Low Carb | Diabetic | Keto
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
Cosy and comforting with three portions of veg per serving, this low carb risotto makes a great mid week meal. A great one for meal prep if you're short on time.
- 2 x pouches Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- Tsp Olive Oil
- Heaped Tsp flour
- Tsp cornflour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch nutmeg
- Handful Frozen Peas
- Handful Baby Spinach
- 150g Raw King Prawns
- Heat the oil inn a saucepan over a low heat, then mix in the flour to create a roux.
- Remove this from the hob and pour in a little of the milk whilst whisking to dissolve the flour mixture. Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining milk whilst mixing. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Crush in the garlic cloves and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Once the sauce has started to thicken a little, stir through the nutritional yeast.
- Add the Riced Cauliflower to the sauce mixture, with the prawns and frozen peas and allow everything to cook.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and pour this into the risotto whilst mixing continuously to help thicken everything nicely (you can add more if necessary)
- Once the risotto has thickened and the prawns and peas are cooked, stir through the spinach to wilt.
- Serve garnished with some extra cracked pepper and herbs.
Share this recipe
Buffalo Ranch Risotto Made with Buffalo Ranch (case of 6)
Plant based and loaded with veg, this quick and easy nutritious meal takes just 5 minutes to make.
Veg Servings 4
Sun Dried Tomato Risotto Made with Sun Dried Tomato (case of 6)
A light and easy calorie-controlled meal that takes just 15 minutes to make. The oven roasted tomatoes bring a lovely burst of sweetness to this dish.
Veg Servings 2