Sweet Potato Brownies
Vegetarian | Snacks | Treats | Baking | Family food
|17g||182||30 min||Makes 10||1|
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
Lighter and more nutrient dense than your standard brownies, these delectable, veg-based treats are a winner with all the family. The caramel sauce brings a lovely dose of sweetness and you can top them off with nuts of your choice. Make them up in batches and store in an air tight container.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- Tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Handful chopped almonds
For the Carmel sauce:
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Heaped Tbsp maple syrup
- Almond milk
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a brownie tray with grease proof paper.
- In a food processor, combine the riced sweet potato, coconut sugar and coconut oil, then blend until smooth and well combined.
- Crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla extract, then blend again.
- Pour this into a mixing bowl, then fold through the dry ingredients so that you're left with a smooth, velvety batter.
- Transfer this into the brownie and smooth over the surface. Scatter the almonds over the top and pop these into the oven to bake for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel souce, mix together the almond butter, sweetener of choice, salt and gradually drizzle in the almond milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into portions.
- Drizzle over the sauce and serve!
Share this recipe
Chocolate Sweet Potato Energy Bites
These uplifting energy balls are loaded with fibre, protein and good fatsFull Recipe