Sweet Potato Brownies
Vegetarian | Snacks | Treats | Baking | Family food
|17g||182||30 min||Makes 10||1|
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
Lighter and more nutrient dense than your standard brownies, these delectable, veg-based treats are a winner with all the family. The caramel sauce brings a lovely dose of sweetness and you can top them off with nuts of your choice. Make them up in batches and store in an air tight container.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- Tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Handful chopped almonds
For the Carmel sauce:
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- Heaped Tbsp maple syrup
- Almond milk
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a brownie tray with grease proof paper.
- In a food processor, combine the riced sweet potato, coconut sugar and coconut oil, then blend until smooth and well combined.
- Crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla extract, then blend again.
- Pour this into a mixing bowl, then fold through the dry ingredients so that you're left with a smooth, velvety batter.
- Transfer this into the brownie and smooth over the surface. Scatter the almonds over the top and pop these into the oven to bake for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel souce, mix together the almond butter, sweetener of choice, salt and gradually drizzle in the almond milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into portions.
- Drizzle over the sauce and serve!
Share this recipe
Chocolate Sweet Potato Energy Bites Made with Sweet Potato
These uplifting energy balls are loaded with fibre, protein and good fats
Carbs 9 (per bite)
Veg Servings 0
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Bars Made with Sweet Potato
Gooey, indulgent and delicious, these plant based caramel bars are made from nutritious wholefoods
Veg Servings 0