Vegan Cheesy Riced Broccoli
Vegan | Delicious | Healthy | Comfort Food | Plant Based | Family Food | Main Meals | Side Dish
MADE WITH RICED BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER
Fancy a change from traditional cauliflower cheese? This recipe has got it all going on - 2 servings of veg, 100% vegan ingredients and THE most delicious creamy cheesy flavour. Serve it as a side or plate yourself up a big bowl and dive right in!
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 a large white or brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for 15 minutes in boiled water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used oat)
- 1/2 tsp fine salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 a large head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- To make the sauce:
- Add the butternut squash and onion to a steamer. Steam for around 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Into a high speed blender, add the soaked cashews, garlic powder, mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, milk, salt and pepper. Blend on high until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Taste and add any more seasonings to your preference. start to appear on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat this for the rest of the mixture.
- To make the rice:
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the crushed garlic and broccoli. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in 1 packet of Fullgreen Broccoli & Cauliflower - continue to sauté for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Pour in the cheesy sauce and stir into the broccoli rice mixture. Serve and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Cauliflower Arancini Balls Made with Cauliflower
A light take on the classic Italian dish made with Riced Cauliflower, vegan mozzarella and nutritional yeast.
Veg Servings 1